Semper Solaris, the fastest growing leader in the Residential Roofing and Solar Installation industry, is looking for an organized and motivated Civil Engineer at our San Diego location. Our company is rapidly growing with several locations expanding all across California. Semper Solaris provides roofing and re-roofing services, and installs solar power systems. Our commitment to excellence has earned us an industry-wide reputation for being one of the top roofing and solar companies in California, and we are current title holders of SunPower's National Dealer of the Year (2016).
Under the general direction of the Director of Engineering, the Civil Engineer performs a wide variety of drafting and engineering activities. The ideal candidate will be motivated, dedicated, and a team player. In addition, they will have a high attention to detail and a genuine care to his/her work craft. Most importantly the ideal candidate will be able to maintain a high level of business ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Produce required structural analysis documentation for the approval of PV Solar and Roofing permits.
- Determine and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting systems.
- Create structural calculations and plans for permit submission.
- Work with the AHJ Plan Checkers and Inspectors to address any and all questions and corrections so as to acquire an approved permit and final inspection pass.
- Work cross functionally with sales, design, project management and construction teams to ensure clients’ needs and internal/external deadlines are met.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS (or equivalent) technical degree in Civil Engineering
- 4+ years professional experience in performing structural analysis and developing structural plans
- Active Professional Engineering License in California
- Must be familiar with residential wood and metal frame roofing structures
- 3+ months photovoltaic structural knowledge required (must know calculations for uplift, dead load, lateral loads, live load, seismic, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce and Excel is a plus
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Competitive salary!
- Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance!
- Career path opportunities for top performers!
Semper Solaris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.