Semper Solaris, the fastest growing leader in the Residential Solar Installation industry, is looking for an organized and motivated Inspections Technician at our Hayward location. Semper Solaris installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Our commitment to excellence has earned us an industry-wide reputation for being one of the top roofing and solar company in California. Semper Solaris is the current SunPower National Dealer of the Year (2016).
Under the general direction of the Operations Branch Manager, the Service Technician performs a wide variety of Operations Department duties. The ideal candidate will be motivated, dedicated, and a team player. In addition, the ideal candidate will have high attention to detail and a genuine care to his/her work craft. Most importantly the ideal candidate will be able to maintain a high level of business ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Service electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer's residential property
- Strong commitment to a successful customer experience
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Passionate about being in the field working with others towards a common goal of improving the tools and processes associated with exceptional installations
- Willing to do what it takes to find answers to field issues and communicate them effectively
- Ability to travel as much as 50% of the time
- Other tasks and duties as needed
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience with failure analysis/diagnosis and the processes used to facilitate them
- Minimum 3 years of residential solar experience
- Minimum 1 year of solar installation experience
- BS in Materials, Mechanical, or related Engineering discipline (or equivalent residential solar experience)
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Competitive hourly rate!
- Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance!
- Career path opportunities for top performers!
Semper Solaris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.